Summer time in the lab 2019 – updated again August 9
Summer is here! If you are planning to work in the lab during the summer, there is a lot to take into account. Here’s a schematic overview per day (click to enlarge); see below for more detail and explanations.
Lab support availability
Support in July and August may be patchy due to support staff vacations. If you absolutely need support on a certain day in July or August, check in advance via email@example.com.
No lab support will be available for sure:
- during the UIT-dagen, August 12-16 (see below)
- On weekdays from Monday July 15 until Sunday August 18, all faculty buildings will close at 19h (no access with XS card either).
- During the weekends, regular weekend opening hours will apply.
- Starting July 22, the doors will be closed, and access will be possible through video phone and XS card only. The video phone will be replaced by a better model after the summer, which will have a screen so that the person waiting at the door can see who is picking up the phone. The current model is not very clear for people, so to be sure your participants get in, it may be wise to collect them at the door. The video phone will be active between 8h and 17h. You can stay in the building until closing time (which is 19h for most of the summer – see table above).
- Noisy building activities: there’s a lot of construction work going on starting in June already, check this post for details.
- The lab will be closed August 12-16 because the UIT-dagen are unbearably noisy and make it impossible to get to Janskerkhof 13. No lab support will be available on these days.
Adult participant recruitment
Running an experiment involving the adult participant database is not recommended in summer since a lot of students are simply not in Utrecht then, so recruitment can be rather difficult. If you want to try anyway, please consult with Iris Mulders.