Daytime: regular opening hours
The building Janskerkhof 13 is open Mondays-Fridays from 8 to 17h. During these hours, the building is freely accessible to all students and participants. Use the videophone at the entrance of Janskerkhof 13 (entrance on the right side when you’re facing the building). Someone at a reception somewhere will answer your call. Explain why you need to get into the building and they’ll buzz you in. If you run into problems, please let Iris know.
The labs in the basement are usually left locked. Consult with lab support about how to get keys to the labs . You may be directed to the reception at Drift 6; to find out the opening hours of this reception desk call the phone number listed here. Always return keys promptly!
Evenings and weekends: extended opening hours
Staff also has access to the building during the extended opening hours if they have an XS card:
- Monday-Friday 17-22h
- Saturday-Sunday 10-18h.
BA and MA students have some access to the building during some of the extended opening hours, as follows:
- Monday-Friday 17-22h: you cannot get into the building, but you can stay in the building if you got in before 17h. Security will do a round around 18h to throw out all non-Linguistics students. Be prepared to offer proof that you are, indeed, a student in the RMA Linguistics.
- Saturday-Sunday 10-18h: for BA and (R)MA students it is not possible to enter the building during weekends at all, sorry.
Outside the regular and extended opening hours the building is locked and cannot be entered at all.
Running experiments during evenings/weekends
If you are running an experiment on weekdays after 17h, or on weekends, the participants will not be able to get into the building. You will need to go to the door to let participants in. At these times it is a good idea to put up a sign on the door with your own phone number, and the phone number of the lab you are testing in, so that participants who arrive early can call you to let you know they have arrived. Here’s a list of the phone numbers of the labs:
- K.09: 030-253 6548 (note: in this lab participants can hear a phone call coming in in the experimenter room)
- K.10: 030-253 8489
- K.11: 030-253 8472 (note: in this lab participants can hear a phone call coming in in the experimenter room)
- K.12: 030-253 1558
- K.13: 030-253 6374 (note: in this lab participants can hear a phone call coming in in the experimenter room)
The university doesn’t like people putting signs on doors, so remove your note after you’re done, and be prepared for your note to be removed during office hours.
If you’ve borrowed a lab key from security at Drift 6, you’ll need to make arrangements with them for returning it.